Like many other organisations, Fonterra must comply with privacy legislation when dealing with personal information. We respect your privacy and comply with the Privacy Act 1993. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and request that we amend it if it is incorrect.
Personal information means information or opinions about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information.
During the course of dealing with you, Fonterra may generally collect basic personal information about you, such as your name, address and contact details.
We may also request other specific information from you relating to the goods or services that you wish to obtain.
Use and Disclosure
- To provide the product or service you have requested or to answer your inquiry;
- To third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to provide the products or services you have requested. For example, we have contracts with third parties to assist us with functions such as mail-outs;
- To different entities within Fonterra, to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service in general;
- For direct marketing of products or services. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications; or
- Where otherwise legally permitted.